Female Infertility cured with Homeopathy
Do you know?
Homeopathy has 85% success rate in PCOD in Female Infertility
Homeopathy has 70% success rate in chronic PID in Female Infertility
Infertility is a Common Problem
27.5 million - Couples in India alone, are suffering from Infertility every year
30% - of the problems are caused by problems related to both the male and the female
10% - Balance 10% of the problems are caused by unknown reasons
Now that we’ve understood the magnitude of Infertility, let’s understand it in bit more detail.
What is Infertility?
As defined by World Health Organization (WHO),
“Infertility is –
- a Disease of the reproductive system
- defined by the failure to achieve a clinical pregnancy
even after 12 months or more of regular unprotected sexual intercourse”
In order to get a good understanding of Infertility, let’s first of all understand basic process of Fertilization.
Refer to the pictographic illustration of Female Reproductive System.
Male sperm travels from vagina to Fallopian tube through uterus.
Female egg travels from ovary to Fallopian tube.
When sperm meets egg inside Fallopian tube, successfully; it is then called fertilization.
Any hindrance/issue during this entire process can lead to failure to fertilization.
Which can eventually lead to infertility.
How to detect infertility?
What are the common symptoms?
There are no specific symptoms. However, one can follow some signs and visit a doctor in order to get confirmation if there are any chances of infertility.
If you are aged between 30-35 years, and have been trying actively to get conceived for at least one year and find no success, then it is advised to visit a doctor.
In case of female older than 35 years, they should visit a doctor after 6 months.
B. Other signs that should ring alarm bells are –
- Irregular periods or no menstrual periods
- Very painful periods
- Recurrent urinary tract infections leading to excessive abnormal discharge on regular basis
What causes infertility in a woman?
A. Ovulation Problem
This is the most common cause of infertility in women.
A woman can not get pregnant without ovulation.
Problems related to ovulation include – irregular or absent menstrual periods, PCOS, POI, and DOR.
Ovulation problems can be caused by hormonal imbalances.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) - PCOS causes a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body, and acne. It is one of the most common causes of female infertility.
POI (Primary Ovarian Insufficiency) - POI is another cause of ovulation problems. POI occurs when a woman’s ovaries stop working normally even before she is 40. POI should not be confused with early menopause.
DOR (Diminished Ovarian Reserves) – In case of DOR, the ovary loses its normal reproductive potential, comprising fertility. The condition may result from disease or injury. However, most commonly occurs as a result of normal ageing.
B. Blocked Fallopian Tube
Another cause of infertility in women.
Fallopian tube can get blocked due to surgery, injury, or any other problems.
It is important for the sperm to move to fallopian tube for fertilization.
Similarly, the egg should be able to move from ovaries through fallopian tube to the uterus.
To become pregnant, both these process have to occur successfully.
In case of blocked fallopian tube, these movements become impossible. Hence, becomes a cause of infertility. Homeopathy for blocked fallopian tubes has proven remedies.
A disorder in which tissue that normally lines the uterus grows outside the uterus.
With endometriosis, the tissue can be found on the ovaries, fallopian tubes or the intestines. Scarring and adhesions that occur with endometriosis can block the fallopian tubes or uterus, making it difficult for the sperm to meet the egg. Endometrial tissue on the ovaries can inhibit ovulation, preventing the release of an egg.
D. Uterine or cervical causes
Benign polyps or tumors (fibroids or myomas) are common in the uterus. Some can block fallopian tubes or interfere with implantation, affecting fertility. However, many women who have fibroids or polyps do become pregnant.
Uterine abnormalities present from birth, such as an abnormally shaped uterus, can cause problems becoming or remaining pregnant.
Cervical stenosis, a narrowing of the cervix, can be caused by an inherited malformation or damage to the cervix.
Sometimes the cervix can't produce the best type of mucus to allow the sperm to travel through the cervix into the uterus.
E. Other causes include - Pelvic infections, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), cancer and its treatment, tuberculosis
F. Lifestyle related causes
There are other lifestyle related factors that contributes in enhancing the risk of causing infertility.
They are –
- Increasing age – After the age of 40 there is a steep drop in chances of getting pregnant
- Smoking – Both active and passive smoking increases risk of infertility
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- Excessive stress
- Poor unhealthy diet
- Case of diabetes
- Aggressive athletic training
- Significantly overweight or under-weight
What kind of tests can help detect infertility?
Given below are some of the tests that provide clear picture about the causes of infertility.
- Ovulation Testing – A blood test measures hormone levels to determine whether you are ovulating.
- FSH/AMH Test – Measures level of FSH and AMH hormones. It can help in determining the quantity of remain egg supply. FSH – Follicle Stimulating Hormone. AMH – Anti-Mullerian Hormone.
- Hysterosalpingography – Examines fallopian tubes to determine possibility of blockages.
- Chromopertubation – Examines fallopian tubes, ovaries, and uterus with a small camera
How to reduce risk of infertility?
Embrace following aspects into lifestyle.
- Healthy eating habits – Include in your diet whole grain products, fruits and green vegetables
- Healthy lifestyle – Maintain healthy weight. Practice brisk walk, yoga, cardio exercises.
- Minimise Stress – Take ample sleep. Take out time for leisure and enjoyment.
Avoid following aspects as much as possible.
- Eating habits – Avoid consumption of processed food, high-cholesterol and saturated fats.
- Lifestyle – Stay away from smoking, both active and passive. Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol. Avoid excessive consumption of caffeine.
- Stress – Avoid getting stressful. Take ample sleep. Spend time leisure and enjoyment.
What are Homeopathic remedies for treatment of female infertility?
Female infertility treatment in homeopathy is quite effective. Many cases can be treated by medication. Treatment varies with each individual case as factors causing infertility differ with each case.
A detailed case analysis is required in order to identify most suitable constitutional homeopathic medicine for curing infertility in women.
A detailed case analysis include –
- General physical and mental constitutional make up of the patient
- Identifying symptoms in sexual sphere
- Identifying the underlying root causes that are hindering the fertility process
- Identify psychological aspects of patient
- Identify key historical events pertaining to patients life
The key to a successful homeopathic treatment is the selection of right medicine that is suitable for patient’s constitution and condition.
Homeopathic medicines are natural medicines that help the patient by enhancing natural immunity to remove the root cause that is hindering the process of fertility.
Homeopathic medicines are non-toxic, and carry no risk of side-effects.
Please find a list of homeopathic medicines suitable for treatment of infertility in women.
It is advised to consult a registered homeopathic doctor before commencing consumption of any the medicines.
Borax / Natrium Phosphoricum
These medicines are recommended if there is acidic vaginal discharge. Such discharge typically kills the sperms. These medicines are effective when discharge is acidic, whitish, copious and warm.
Natrium Phosphoricum is particularly prescribed when vaginal discharge is acrid, irritating, creamy, honey-colored and smells sour.
It is recommended when periods are too profuse or too prolonged. Also periods appear before time.
Aletris Farinos for infertility is prescribed in case of early and copious menses. Other accompanying symptoms are – leucorrhoea, anaemia, weakness, fatigue with menorrhagia. It is also recommended when a tendency of frequent abortions is observed.
It is often recommended in case of short and scanty menses, and irregular menses. It is also found to be effective in PCOD cases.
It is prescribed when there is irregular or absent ovulation. Patient feels aversion to intercourse. Patient feels dryness and pain while intercourse. Menses are short, scanty and suppressed.
Female experience decreased sexual desire. Aversion to intercourse is also observed.
Folliculinum is a given as drainage remedy, to stimulate ovulation.
Folliculinum 3x or 6x ,thrice a day for 3 months
This is not a comprehensive list. There are many more medicines which are quite effective on the given case constitution.
Case Study – Treatment of infertility with Homeopathy
Sharing below a case pertaining to female infertility, which I treated in 2017-18. The same is published in International Journal of Homoeopathic Sciences titled: A case report of primary female infertility treated with homoeopathy
Patient – 34 years / Female
It was a case of Primary Infertility.
Patient was diagnosed with Grade II Endrometriosis, Bilateral Endometrial Cysts, and Bilateral Fimbrial Block. She had once attempted IVF with no successful result.
Tests and respective results are given below.
A. Sonography Pelvis (Sept-2016)
Bilateral endometriotic cysts
Small Endometrial Polyp.
B. HSG Test (Oct-2016)
Bilateral fimbrial block
C. Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy
Grade II Endometriosis with bilateral endometriotic cysts and endometrial polyp with bilateral fimbrial block.
[Report of Sonography of Pelvis]
Patient approached me in Sept-2017
A summary of symptoms is case given below
- Patient was lean and thin
- Felt very hungry, and very thirsty all the time
- Menses were profuse and painful
- Experienced extreme weakness during menses so much so that she was finding it difficult to do daily chores
- Used to have tickling sensation in the throat, always
- Used to feel hot burning sensation, always
- She was always in search of cold air
- Cold air gives her comfort
- Even a slight bit of work used to cause profuse perspiration
- Mentally dejected feeling
During detailed case analysis, some important psychological aspects were discovered.
- Patient had to experience agony of her mother’s death when the patient was 13 years of age
- Patient used to fantasize about her marriage. However, in reality, she had to face lot of difficulties
- Patient’s father was very dominating
- Patient wanted to pursue higher studies. However, due to financial crisis she had settle for a job at an early age
Most of the symptoms lead to two constitutional medicines – Iodum and Sepia.
However, following differences eased the process of selecting one best suited medicine for the case – i.e. Iodum.
|SPHERE OF ACTION||Mainly glandular tissues and female sexual organs||Female sexual organs and skin|
Although both the medicines cover nearly 80% of symptoms but her ravenous appetite and lean, thin body favours Iodum. Additionally, patient used to feel very hungry and very thirsty, which again tilted the balance towards Iodum.
Iodum patients has a refugee like state of mind. Iodum people feels that they are not getting loved (ref Jan Scholten). All these were sufficient enough reasons to prescribe Iodum.
Hence, I prescribed Iodum 200.
Once in 15 days – 2 drops
SL 200 – 4 pills three times a day
After one (01) month
- Old symptoms of cystitis reappeared
- It was a good sign that her old symptoms were reappearing while running their course and getting healed in due course
- Same medicine was continued
After two (02) months
- Her boils reappeared at the older place in inner thighs
- It was painful but with less intensity than older ones
- No additional medication was advised
- Withing few days it healed on its own
In Nov-2017, Patient reported missed periods.
UPT came positive.
And, in Aug-2018, Patient gave birth to an adorable daughter 😊